Dog Turns On Microwave and Starts House Fire

The dog is okay

December 3, 2019
Categories: 

Recently a dog was left home alone and was able to turn the microwave on...which resulted in a house fire.

Apparently a bunch of bread rolls were in the microwave at the time and started burning after a long microwave session.

Luckily the owner had an app that alerted them of the fire, and even aloud fire fighters view a live feed of what exactly was going on inside.

The flames did not spread, but Geoff Wheal of the Corringham Fire Station stated 

"It demonstrates that microwaves shouldn't be used to store food when they aren't in use, always keep your microwave clean and free of clutter or food and any packaging."

And probably free of a dogs paws too. Oh, and the pup wasn't hurt.